With more than 70 million paid mailboxes worldwide, Zimbra is one of the largest and fastest- growing email providers. They are also active within the Open Source market and offer a server software option for email and collaboration, incorporating:
- Group calendar
- Instant messenger
- File storage
- Web document management
- Mobility and desktop synchronisation to users on any platform
The Zimbra Collaboration Server is available for Linux, Mac OS X and virtualization platforms. It is designed using proven Open Source technologies, which makes for an extremely stable, flexible, simple and modular architecture. Ready to run, out of the box, it connects to the vast majority of end-user clients through the many standard protocols it supports. It also offers more options than any other platform to meet the array of application deployment strategies, including on-premises or hosted email, all of which can be cloud and virtualisation infrastructure.
Key benefits of the Zimbra Collaboration Server include:
- Fast and easy to install – all components packaged in a single installer
- Proven Open Source – built with Linux, Postfix, MySQL, OpenLDAP
- Industry standard open protocols – SMTP, LMTP, SOAP, XML, IMAP, POP, iCAl, CalDAV
- Efficiency and horizontal scalability – three to five times faster than comparable systems. To scale, simply add more servers.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) ready – multi-tenancy, delegated admin; runs on commodity hardware
- Easy to administer and maintain – familiar Open Source components, real-time backup and restore; intuitive Ajax-based web admin console.
To find out more about Zimbra, please visit their website.
Want to check out Zimbra in a hurry? Here are several ways to get more acquainted with Zimbra products and services. http://www.zimbra.com/demos/zimbra_product_tour/iframe.html