Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
LinuxIT was the first UK Red Hat premier partner specialising in red hat subscriptions, support and services. As their name is synonymous in the Open Source sphere with quality and powerful solutions, we are proud to offer a variety of their products, including Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the premier Linux Operating System.
Founded in 1993, Red Hat, Inc. is the leader in enterprise Linux and is the most recognized Open Source software (OSS) brand in the world. Red Hat provides a range of products to the enterprise community. Primarily associated with its world-leading Open Source operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7), the company is helping to bring Linux and Open Source solutions into the mainstream, with the high-quality, low cost platforms they offer.
Red Hat Enteprise Linux
More reliable. More open. More comprehensive.
Ready to do more today? Standardise on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and get more of everything you expect from an enterprise-class, Open Source operating system with flexibility, efficiency, and control. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is your solution across a broad range of hardware architectures, hypervisors, and clouds. In summary RHEL 6 offers:
- No delineation between physical and virtual systems
- One standard product - with modules (eg GFS, Cluster Suite, Management etc)
- The facility to run on any hypervisor (eg VMWARE, HYPER-V, RHEV)
- The facility to stack the product in a virtual environment
- A low cost, mission-critical alternative to expensive proprietary software
- Proven performance across multiple workloads
- Offers the highest level of out-of-the-box security in the industry
- Provides new levels of flexibility to deploy one standard system on servers of any size
- Total transparency as it is built on open standards
- Includes built-in Virtualization
As well as operating systems, Red Hat brings its specialist skills to the areas of virtualization, cloud, middleware, applications, management and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions. They also offer consulting services to customers world-wide through top-tier partnerships.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Your strategic alternative to proprietary virtualization
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3 is a complete virtualisation management solution for server and desktop virtualisation, as well as the first enterprise-ready, fully Open Source virtualisation platform. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization represents a true strategic virtualisation alternative to organisations looking for TCO, faster ROI, accelerated break-even, and freedom from vendor lock-in.
- Performance and scalability - leading performance and scalability for real-world enterprise applications like Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Exchange
- Enterprise features - enterprise virtualisation management features, including live migration, high availability, load balancing, power saving and more.
- Agility - business agility and continuity by eliminating the dependencies between the desktop operating system and the underlying hardware.
- Cost advantage - through the power of Red Hat's software subscription model, benefit from lower acquisition and total ownership costs for the same, or better, feature set, when compared to other solutions
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers
Complete enterprise virtualisation solution for server workloads
Virtualise your entire data centre. Significantly boost your capital and operational efficiency. It's easy with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers, our end-to-end server virtualisation solution.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
Desktop virtualisation made easy
Instantly deliver Microsoft Windows and Linux desktop operating environments to thousands of users from centrally managed servers in the data centre. Users can remotely access their individualised desktops from nearly any client device, including thin clients or repurposed PCs.
With an Open Source strategy that offers customers a long-term plan for building infrastructures focused upon security and ease of management, Red Hat's ecosystem is safe, reliable and comes highly recommended by us at LinuxIT.
To find out more about Red Hat and the Open Source Technology they have to offer, visit their website.